Specific Practice Areas
In addition to processing routine temporary and permanent work related petitions (or family based petitions) in a timely, cost-effective manner, and we have had great success handling cases which present more challenges.
Some examples are the following:
- Adjustment of Status applications involving unauthorized employment, failure to pay income taxes, or use of fraudulent Social Security numbers.
- Administrative appeals from denials of temporary or permanent employment based visa petitions.
- Appeals from denials of naturalization applications.
- Blanket L petitions for large and small multinational companies.
- Complex and sensitive marriage based petitions involving multiple prior marriages, marriage while in removal proceedings, or other complicating factors.
- Exceptional Ability, Schedule A, Group II Petitions entrepreneurs, surgeons, biotechnologists, and medical researchers.
- Extensions of Stay and Change of Nonimmigrant Status Applications for applicants with excusable violations of status.
- F-1 student issues including initial acquisition of status or reinstatement after interruption of studies.
- H-1B petitions for applicants lacking a college degree or in nontraditional occupations.
- International Managers/Executives whether in Fortune 100 companies or closely held small businesses.
- J-1 Exchange Visitor issues including advisory opinions regarding the foreign residence requirement; waivers of the foreign residence requirement on the basis of government agency requests from government agencies including the NIH, Conrad 30 waivers for doctors based on jobs in shortage areas, waivers based on extreme hardship or upon “no objection” statements from home country governments; and enrollment in J-1 Training Programs for applicants with offers of training positions with U.S. employers.
- L petitions for “start-up” enterprises and family owned businesses.
- L-1 petitions for technicians, HR professionals, and other critical employees not traditionally considered to possess specialized knowledge.
- Labor Certifications for nontraditional occupations, highly compensated executives, faculty members at all levels, physicians, scientists, chemists, sales managers, pharmacists, actuaries, and a professional athlete.
- Mergers and acquisitions: representing companies on either side of the transaction to insure a smooth transition for foreign national employees in temporary work status, or in the process of applying for a green card.
- Motions to Reopen various matters involving innocent procedural errors made by the applicant, or Immigration Service error.
- National Interest Waivers for an online education specialist, a venture capital expert, as well as numerous scientists and medical researchers.
- Orphan Petitions and Petitions for children adopted abroad or in the U.S.
- Registered Nurses under Schedule A, Group I
- Self Petitions for Aliens of Extraordinary Ability in fields as diverse as medicine, life sciences, physics, oceanography, engineering, literature, computer science, international business, theater arts, and Tae Kwon Do.
- TN visa status for Canadians and Mexicans including Management Consultants, Programmer/Analysts, and Scientific Technicians in addition to routine degreed professionals.
- Waivers of admissibility of all kinds including for applicants who obtained visas, or gained entry to the U.S. by fraud or misrepresentation or who have criminal records.